The solar thermal hot water solar systems available today are highly engineered and efficient. Many of these technologies were designed and engineered in Germany and have years of use proving their reliability and performance. Evacuated tube solar collectors offer an option for higher thermal temperatures and lower heat losses over the traditional flat plate collectors. Solar storage tanks specifically built for this application, come in a variety of sizes and shapes to meet the customer's requirements. Residential storage tanks can be supplied with internal heat exchangers resulting in one less pump, and higher heat transfer efficiencies.
A 30% Federal tax credits is available on Commercial installations. The federal tax incentive for residential solar thermal is $2000 dollars, or 30% percent of the cost of the system. The Solar Investment Tax Credit bill was signed in October 2008, as part of the "Emergency Economic Stabilization Act" designed to encourage individuals and businesses to make investments in Solar Energy. The bill will provide extensions for both section 48 (commercial) and 25d (residential) with the following schedule:
- Re-engineered Solar Technologies equal lower costs and increased reliability.
- Energy prices are currently at a 5 year low, but as the US begins to export natural gas and convert more coal fired power plants to natural gas, prices will rise.
- The abundance of sunshine in the US makes solar a good choice as a co-fuel alternative.
- Solar energy systems help the environment by reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
- It pays for itself.
- Businesses and homes equipped with solar equipment have higher resale value over those that don't.
- 2017 - 30%
- 2018 - 30%
- 2019 - 30%
- 2020 - 26%
- 2021 - 22%
“Aesthetics over performance”. Testing of modern collectors has shown that only small amounts of performance is reduced on installations where the collector is aesthetically placed on a building. Collectors can vary as much as 30 degrees from the ideal sun angle, South and lose only 5 - 10 % in efficiency. We are committed to make every installation as aesthetically pleasing as possible. New vacuum tube collector technology now allows for the use of installing collectors on flat roofs inside of parapets with little slope resulting in undetectable solar installations.